Wayne County I-96
Problem / Challenge:
MDOT was in need of impact attenuators with high reusability and low maintenance.
- Trinity Highway Products/Carrier & Gable, Inc.
- QuadGuard Elite
- 36”, 8-Bay QuadGuard Elite (TL-3)
The Wayne County I-96 corridor is now an updated highway with the latest and greatest safety features.
- The cylinders are reusable
- The system meets NCHRP 350 Test Level 3 as a re-directive, non-gating crash cushion.
- The Cylinders are made of high density polyethylene plastic and can with-stand multiple impacts before requiring replacement.
- Works with both light cars and high center-of-gravity pickup trucks