City of Battle Creek
Problem / Challenge:
They needed to position themselves to be able to take advantage of future technology and developed enhancements. They are looking forward to enhance count capabilities and other features that will help make traffic run more efficiently at the intersection.
The City of Battle Creek installed the state of the art ITERIS Vantage Next video detection system because it delivers superior performance on a scalable platform.
- Ability to manage their video detection system remotely using any of the following tools:
- IP Network form the office
- IPAD via Wi-Fi that comes standard with the Vantage Next.
- An APP on their smart phone
- They can focus, zoom, gather count data, program the system remotely.
- Iteris is developing and APP that will work with Android Tablets also.
- Using outdoor rated Cat5 cable
- Can communicate to cameras up to 1,000 feet from the Traffic Control Cabinet
- Uses a built in Linux processor where the possibilities are endless.
“The City of Battle Creek recently installed the Iteris VantageNext Video Detection System at one signalized intersection. We immediately noticed improvements over other manufacturers’ systems that we’ve tried and over previous Iteris products: the Ethernet cable to each camera is easier to install than the coaxial cable older systems used, the ability to zoom and focus through the software is easier and faster than previous methods, the new console which mounts underneath a shelf conserves shelf space, and the new user interface is a major improvement. We look forward to installing additional VantageNext systems in the near future.”
– Gregory B. Rickmar, P.E. Traffic Engineering Manager, City of Battle Creek DPW Engineering